- Posted by Jordan Bolch
- On June 1, 2021
- 0 Comments
- Emergency Preparedness, Hurricane, Hurricane Damage, Hurricane Season, Hurricane Season 2021, Hurricane Weather, Large Loss Restoration, Restoration Weather, Sasser Restoration, Stormy Season, ZoomUp
As of June 1st, Hurricane Season is officially here. If your business does not have a disaster recovery plan in place, it’s not too late to create one. Sasser Restoration, a Griffin Brothers Companies ZoomUp business, is a leading disaster response team specializing in commercial and residential fire & smoke, water, mold, trauma & biohazard cleanup and mitigation, and can help you create a disaster recovery program to meet your specific needs.
Have an Emergency Preparedness Plan
For over 30 years, Sasser Restoration has helped commercial partners create and execute emergency response plans that span all critical phases of catastrophe management. Emergency preparedness plans help you to be one step ahead when disaster strikes. With one of these in place, you won’t be panicking about what to do, you’ll be focusing on how to move forward.
Be Structurally Prepared
Hurricanes are particularly dangerous because of the high winds and elevated rainfall, often causing flood and structural damage to homes and businesses. In 2020 there were 13 hurricanes whose winds topped 74 mph and of those 13, six were deemed major hurricanes with winds reaching over 111mph.
In order to brace your home or business for winds like this there are a few things you can do:
- Reinforce bolts to secure the door to the top and bottom door frame
- Install storm shutters to exposed windows, skylights, doors and other glass surfaces
- Check gutters and downspouts to ensure water can freely flow
- Maintain sump pumps and be sure they are ready to work to decrease the risk of flooding
- Using sandbags can minimize the water that seeps in under doors or through ground-level windows
Call Sasser Restoration
After you’ve done everything you can to protect your home or business from the impending storm and once the storm hits, it’s time to call Sasser Restoration. Our teams are equipped to mobilize a mobile command center and disaster recovery team within minutes of receiving an emergency call. Quick action is necessary in these situations to prevent any mold or microbial growth in your home or business and so that you can get back to work.
As part of our emergency services, we offer water damage mitigation, roof covering, water extracting, temporary generators for power, board-up services, and structural dehumidification and drying—all essential to bring your building back to life after a storm.
Sasser Restoration is the expert in times of great loss and helps communities, businesses and people restore their lives faster. Start with an emergency preparedness plan and remember to call Sasser Restoration to get you through the storm.