It all began on February 27, 1961 when Larry Griffin Sr. acquired half of Honest Tire Service from his uncle, Frank Todd. Honest Tire was founded in the 1920’s on West Trade Street near Charlotte’s Center City. The name was later changed to Griffin Brothers Tire Sales, Inc. when Larry’s brother, Ronnie, came into the business. Larry and Ronnie split the business in the 1980’s with Larry retaining the original location and name.
Starting in the 1990’s, Larry Griffin, Jr. led an expansion effort that resulted into 10 stores that serve the Greater Charlotte area before the operations were acquired in 2016 by Tire Engineers. Griffin Brothers retained the real estate of the tire operations.
Today, Griffin Brothers Companies remains a family owned organization that is strongly committed to its customers, team members, and the local communities it serves. It is our goal to continue to expand and set forth new business ventures while growing Griffin Brothers core.